How does a doorbell camera work in Birmingham?
Daily deliveries have become routine for many people thanks to the emergence of online shopping. You enjoy the convenience of having goods left right in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those packages on your doorstep are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy has become a real problem, but you are able to take action against it by ordering a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These devices are great tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they do significantly more.
Take a moment to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be an integral aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Birmingham video doorbell
Manufactured in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a great number of innovative features, and the technology continues to advance. You can now customize detection zones, speak to whoever’s in front of your door, and get instant notifications whenever an item is delivered.
The simplest way to find out how a Birmingham video doorbell camera works is to look at the numerous advantages it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t find this on all models, but there are some smart video doorbells that take action in deterring crime with warning lights and audible alerts. This is a great way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the complete picture, and that includes the faces of individuals on your porch and items on the walkway below. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution footage any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the purpose of using a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You can get automatic notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and packages.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is there somebody standing at your main entry? Two-way audio allows you to find out why they’re there. You can even take advantage of this helpful feature to scare off people hanging around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Leading doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Clearly defining the area to be viewed will help you reduce false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the opportunity to see live and recorded video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you may interact with them directly from your mobile device, regardless of your location. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s occurring, and even let you communicate with the person at your door. They’ve become game-changers in terms of security and convenience.
Order a doorbell camera with your Birmingham smart home
Protect your home against porch piracy and see what’s occurring outside your front door day and night with a Birmingham doorbell camera. Vivint’s advanced models offer all the latest features, like active theft deterrents, ultra-wide viewing, and package alerts. Reach out to
(205) 973-4125 today to start customizing your smart home.