Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Birmingham smart home
At the heart of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in complete control of your Birmingham home’s automation and security. See what it can do and find suggestions to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Birmingham?
Wirelessly connecting to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You can arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When adding a doorbell camera, you can even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also offers total remote operation via the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Review live or recorded footage from all linked security cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Modify your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Birmingham by implementing schedules or establishing rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your front door unlock if the smoke alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be gone, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open window or door will prompt you to take action. Note that you may still arm your home’s security by following the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Birmingham
Even though multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add or remove a user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right corner of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to supply the user remote access, select email or phone and enter the details to dispatch an invite.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, just go to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation through an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Birmingham home security system. Call (205) 973-4125 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.